Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

CIA Director John Brennan Apologizes For Search Of Senate Computers

CIA Director John O. Brennan has apologized to leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee after an agency investigation determined that its employees improperly searched computers used by committee staff to review classified files on interrogations of prisoners.

The embarrassing admission by the agency follows a dispute that erupted earlier this year when the CIA and the committee traded accusations of snooping on one another’s computer systems, prompting a public feud between Brennan and senior lawmakers.

The dispute centered on a computer system that the CIA set up at a secret office in Northern Virginia where committee aides pored over records of the agency’s use of harsh interrogation measure in secret overseas prisons established after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so if I apologize for murdering my neighbor, then it's okay.

I get it.

And my hard drive? It just got "recycled", because I couldn't read it anymore.

And, I don't know what happened at Benghazi, I mean that live feed was so fuzzy!

I get it.

Anonymous said...

Man, ain't nobody in government got any sense?